Seat Switches, 

Here's my contact cleaning job on my passenger side seat switches.  The seat became completely inoperative... except for "forward", which was great until the seat was all the way forward... heh heh.

A common theme with my truck: someone had been here before me.  Unfortunately they lost some of the ball bearings in the switch, and left out a support screw, and their solder job was less than acceptable.  I found the 5/32" ball bearings at the local hardware store for pennies, and they worked perfectly. I resoldered the current path, too.

I cleaned the contacts with a Dremel tool and a wire brush, just burnishing the residue off the contacts and trying not to remove much material.

 

DSCN0034.JPG (201064 bytes)  DSCN0025.JPG (219003 bytes)  DSCN0026.JPG (213638 bytes)  DSCN0027.JPG (241739 bytes)

DSCN0028.JPG (243105 bytes)  DSCN0029.JPG (246773 bytes)  DSCN0030.JPG (213678 bytes)  DSCN0031.JPG (222658 bytes)  

DSCN0032.JPG (225572 bytes)  DSCN0033.JPG (238616 bytes)  DSCN0024.JPG (217870 bytes)  DSCN0035.JPG (208438 bytes)

DSCN0036.JPG (211873 bytes)  DSCN0037.JPG (219574 bytes)  DSCN0038.JPG (212796 bytes)  DSCN0039.JPG (224039 bytes)

 

Site Home                   Ham Radio Page            Range Rover Info Home